Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar."


How you do know when it’s that time?
Like how can you be so sure?
Everybody is nice when you meet them
Things always run smooth when it’s new
In the beginning there is no struggle
But how do you know when to take that step?

Maybe it’s just me
Like my personal insecurities and issues fog the picture
I know the game, I play it well
It’s like a trap
Once you’re in you’re comfortable
You do you, go where you want, say what you want
Most people you meet are exactly the same way
It’s all about what you can get out of a situation
Sex, conversation, money, clothes, basically anything a relationship could offer
But how do you know when it’s more?

I guess me being comfortable I never let it get that far
I don’t see the point, just seems like that’s going backwards
I tried relationships, play or get played was always the theme
Fighting for me and only me is easier
I do me better than anybody else ever could
But most of all I’m comfortable and it saves time
I don’t have to worry about getting my hopes all up
Then ending up hurt and with less than I started with
It’s like a win-win situation. I guess…
But how do you this time is “the” time though?

Sure times get lonely, but I know lonely people in relationships
So why take the chance
If it works then great and if it doesn’t it was a learning experience right?
Nah, I’ll pass. Not for me. Not right now.
I’ll just keep watching and learn from that.
A movie here, dinner there
I’m good with that
Anything more is pointless
I mean after-all I’m comfortable where I’m at
I’m safe this way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it as always . nice subject and it's relateable , i disagree with some of it but i love it . you're still the greatest idol / poetic genius / poetic robot / rob all the man i say i am hill .

reasycup said...

i must say after reading this i was speechless for a little bit - but i feel you on some of it , but of course over all it was great .