Thursday, March 27, 2008

Evidence

The pain is present and burning in my eyes
Confusion settles in and depression knocks on my door
I don't answer, I never answer, feelings aren't welcome here
Emotions left a long time ago
Is anything ever enough anymore?
Why do I reek of loneliness in a room full of people?
Why do I long for you when you only longed for him?
I cant deny my feelings but its evident that...

The pain is present and burning in my heart
I am told that things will come and go
And life has proven this to be fact
The happiness comes in the blink of an eye
But the pain takes forever to go
As much as I ignore it, as much as I run from it
The pain sharpens at the sight of you
Eye contact brings visions of you and him together
And when your gone I cant escape those thoughts
Shit I got played and it hurts but its evident that...

The pain is very present and burning in my soul
I hate cupid and his conniving ways
Shot me in my heart with an arrow to break down my guard
Then stab me in the back 30 times harder with his dagger of deception
My love was unconditional
My intentions were pure
My dedications was undeniable
My passion was true
But all of me has never been enough for half of you
The proof is in the evidence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a song by India Arie. "get it together"...
one part in particular she says "one shot to your heart without breaking the skin, no one can hurt you like your friends"...im sure you heard it before..but if not, just read the lyrics, the words are beautiful...a breath of fresh air.

but i really like this one, i had to read it three time just to get a full understanding, i loved how it really made me think, difficult is fun, easy is boring, and random is good right.

i loved it.

-Q