Thursday, March 27, 2008

Letter to Life

Dear Life,

I was talking on the phone to a friend the other day. Just talking not about anything in particular and then she asked me, "Robert, why is it so hard to let it go?" I didnt really know how to respond being that it caught me off gaurd, but then I thought about it. I thought of questions I could ask myself to see why it would be hard to let it go.

1. Would I be scared to let it go because I fear being lonely?
2. Am I scared to let it go because it would hurt to see her with somebody else?
3. Am i scared to let it go because I dont want it to feel like I wasted my time?
4. Is it because I love this person and I should stick it out regardless of situation?
5. Or maybe I put too much work into for the next nigga to bear the fruits of my labor?
6. Am I scared to try something new?
7. Is it just easier being miserable than risking doing what it takes to be happy?
8. Is it just that I'm used to her?

I thought long and hard about the questions, but my answers to each one changed everytime i answered them. How do you just let go of something that has grown to be apart of you? Easier said than done thats for sure. Kinda like the old song, "See my days are cold without you, but I'm hurting while I'm with you..." LOL. Guess its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. They say change is inevitable. Courage is the ability to let go of the familiar. It all sounds good, but how do you do it? Move on to the next? NOPE, thats just like sweeping dirt under the rug, sooner or later its bound to resurface.

I never really gave her an answer, I just shared those questions with her, in hopes that she could give me one.

Pain is pleasure right?

Rob Hill

1 comment:

LadyLove said...

Maybe at the end of the day it made her realize she needed to be happy first then love.. Its just knowing that regardless of him/her not being there you can still live and know it can only get better..