Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Girl Next Door

I knew a girl once
I knew every little detail about her
It was awhile ago but,
I still knew her
Not like most knew her

I knew more

I knew more than her sense of humor
I saw further than her voluptuous hips
I saw past those sexy lips
I saw through that long beautiful hair

I knew a girl once
She had big dreams
That glimmer in her eyes that defined greatness
That realness in her walk that defied gravity
That calmness about her spirit that gave security

I knew more

I knew more than the drama surrounding her
I knew more than niggas misusing her
I knew more than the spoiled princess
I knew more than the pressured beauty queen

I knew a girl once
More than the soft words and dark smiles
I saw the tears grace down her cheeks
I saw the depths of her pain
I talked to her heart

I knew more

That fear of rejection
That fear of change
That fear of trying
That fear of disappointment

I knew a girl once
Better than she knew herself
I believed in her
I fought for her
I knew her potential

I knew more

I knew the person that she desired to be
And I know the person who she decided to be
Thats the girl you know, thats the person you see
I knew that girl once, She's now a stranger to me

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that was just beautiful mannn . it kinda made me sad for some reason . i know somebody like that . great work robert .

Tabu said...

That is soooo beautiful, Loving that last line.

Anonymous said...

i know exactly what/who your talking about. there's nothing worse than wasted potential. but you cant push someone live up to the person you know their capable of being. some people fear what they dont know, so they stick to what they do.mabe they'll come around on their own time.

-Q

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. Its sad the way u can go from knowing someone to not knowing them at all. Just appreciate what it was. Someone once said "If its in ur destiny, u can't lose it no matter what u do."