Thursday, December 6, 2007

History In The Making

Lately I have been doing some routine self maintenance
I have noticed a few positives and a few negatives
And others that are just…. Others
There is common ground on all levels
It is my thinking that determines my circumstance
They say cut the head and the rest follows
If I think love then I will love
If I think success then I will succeed
If I think prosperity then I will prosper
And in that same breath
If i think depression then I will be depressed
If I think failure then I will fail
If I think regression then I will regress
My actions occur as my thoughts process
Yet I sometimes feel I have no control over my thoughts
As if its impossible to change them
I, however can not conform to impossibilities
Because I know through the door of possibility comes opportunity
As a man thinks, so he does
Its not what you do to me
Its not what my professor does to me
Its not what my boss does to me
It is what I allow to be done and how I react to it
Me, is the only thing stopping ME
I know I can not change until my thinking is changed
I have to learn from MY experiences
I can no longer place myself on hold blaming YOU
So before I forgive you, let me first forgive myself
For everything I denied and continuously deny myself
Know that my physical is a shell that may not reflect the beauty of its contents
Yet I am told through pressure a coal turns to diamond
Watch closely,
I am History in the Making

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason i dont remember reading thing, but i love it! && i read it at the right time. this is beautiful.thanks.

-Q