Thursday, December 6, 2007

Teach Me

I want to learn how to love you
I want to learn how to do all the little things you like to do
Those little things that will keep that beautiful smile on your face

I want to learn how to cook your favorite meals
Like macaroni and cheese, lasagna, steak, pasta, even salads

I want to learn how to be more compassionate
So I know when you need the kiss, the hug, or just a smile and a back rub

I want to learn when to say "let's talk about it"
Or when to just shut up and let time make it right

I want to learn how to slow dance
Because stepping on your feet ain't cool but I can't help it I'm clumsy

I want to learn how to run your bath water, not too hot or too cold, just right

I want to learn how to be more affectionate
Even if holding hands is wack to me, I can learn to like it for you

I want to learn to be more expressive and open about what's on my mind
Sharing feelings and all that is a lot easier said than done

I want to learn to trust and have faith without doubt

I want to learn the importance of sharing the same drink and same straw at the movies
And why it's so necessary to save the ticket stub for memories

I want to learn to be more spontaneous and keep up the spice
Like flowers for no reason or elementary secret admirer love notes with boxes to check

I want to learn when to just let you win
I want to know why sometimes "no" means "yes" and "stop" means "keep going"

Or why you get mad if I don't notice your new hairstyle or hair color
I want to learn the difference in a perm and a relaxer or blonde and bronze highlights
How am I supposed to know when it's a doobie or a silk wrap

I really just want to love you better the way you make me better
I'm ready and willing…
TEACH ME

No comments: