Monday, March 3, 2008

Brother From Another

The words I dedicated to my brother on the day of his funeral.
Thaddius Orlando Weston
A.K.A
TEO
There's a saying that there is never a right time to say goodbye
Well since I have to say it at the wrong time can I at least know why?

God I don't get why you took back a son, brother, uncle, cousin, and grandchild
I guess I forgot time here is temporary and ultimately, he was your child

Lord I do thank you for the times and memories we've shared
His life is a blessing for us all, because we know you cared

Just let me speak to him a moment, and say a word or two
You know I need this time, Please God just from me to you

Teo, Wow you have been the man to me ever since I was five
Everything I couldn't do, you could do, in my eyes

You were faster in a race, and you could do better flips
I thought I was faster in my socks but at the end you won because I would trip

I thank you for all you have done in my life and the impact you made
You were my brother, cousin, and friend always and forever, till this day

As I look at the family there are a few smiles and many tears
Tell God we still have faith, but can't help wishing you were still here

Just to get one more I Love You and feel your warm embrace
To tell just one more joke, and see that smile across your face

I know Heaven is a beautiful place for which you were prepared
But get your wings and socks ready to race when I get there

Until then we'll hold it down and praise God for your home-going
He promised angels on Earth and your life was just him showing

Thanks God for your time, I appreciate it and I Love You
So everyone be calm and rest because, there's a smiling Teo above you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this poem makes me cry everytime i read it he must have been a genuine friend im sure...

-Q

Anonymous said...

Well Rob,
I really understand how it feels to lose someone really close & it's really good to just remember all the good things that happen with the time you had wth them .

- porche'